August 16, 2013

August Rush

So it's that time of year again... at least for us school-age kids. Summer has felt so long and luxurious, up until this week, when all of a sudden I was hit with a sudden panic. It seems like there's hardly any time left to get ready. (And considering how much stuff I still have to get ready... that's concerning.)

As I've been thinking about what I need to pack to move back to school with me, I have been hit with the sudden urge to go shopping for some back to school clothes. As kids, my sister and I always got to pick out a few new outfits. And, probably not coincidentally, I've been receiving emails from some of my favourite stores with new looks for fall. I wanted to share some of my favourites.



These are kind of the perfect transition pieces for going from summer to fall. Still bright and cheery, but with more rusty/earthy colour tones... and there aren't too many layers so you won't get too hot. (Don't you hate when you dress for fall fashion but it's still way too hot out?)



I've always been a pretty simple girl when it comes to fashion... I can manage pants, a top, shoes, and maybe a belt, but any more accessories than that is usually too much to handle. So I love the simplicity of these outfits- and the fact that they're still super cute. 

What are your favourite outfits for the back-to-school season?

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Rachelia (Bookish Comforts)August 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

    I love these looks! My fave is the first image, far right. I just heard that Old Navy Canada now has a plus size section (think it is only online, but still) so I'm excited :D I definitely love layers and cardigans for the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlyn, I am LOVING that cute little chambray dress. It might need to join my closet this fall :) Back to school shopping is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- I am kind of in love with the denim on denim thing right now! Especially different colours of denim. (E.g. white + chambray? So cute.) That is so exciting about Old Navy- I had not heard that, but love their stuff and their prices have always been so great! I am so looking forward to stocking up on cardigans and scarves for fall haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! I am all about the chambray lately but you don't often see it as a dress, which I think is super cute. And there is no better excuse than back-to-school for picking up some new fall pieces ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cute teacher outfits... maybe if if i wear them then i'll get a job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha that is supposed to work, right- the visualization theory or something?! :-)
    doesn't hurt to dress to impress, anyway... and it's a great excuse to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these looks! The dress in the second image is my fave. I'm a total dress girl. Happy back to school! You'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your two cents! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. Thanks for reading. :)